When students read the text written in a language that they are learning, like English, then their focus is focused on those words or grammatical compositions which they do not understand or do not know, that means they some are reading like the events of a story or the reasoning of the author etc. They do not pay attention to its overall meaning:
This unit is about helping your students understand the meaning of the content being taught in English. Especially the lessons of his textbooks it describes some of the techniques that you can use to help your students understand the content being taught in English. It shows you how to do some activities that students can do before and after reading the text so that they can get help in paying attention to the meaning of what they are reading. At the end of the unit, you will find a chapter plan to teach chapters using all these techniques.
- Interview Tips for Getting Job – Make a Great Impression
- Successful Online Learning Strategies
- What Supplies Do You Need for Online College?
What Can You Learn in This Unit
- How to prepare students to read chapters so that they can better understand it.
- How to help students understand the time of reading the lesson
- After reading, how to check their understanding.
Whatever things you have to do with your studies, completely exclude them from your mind: If there is a lot going on in your mind, take a little time, what are you thinking and starting studies? Write down all those thoughts, what you are feeling before. In this way, your mind will be completely cleared and your attention will only help you to concentrate on studies.
Find a suitable place: Choose this place very carefully. You should feel comfortable at this place so that you have experience in enjoying learning. If you do not like to sit at any table in the library, then look for a better place than this, such as your sofa in your chair or below ground. Try studying after wearing some friendly clothes such as yoga clothes, or sweatshirts.
- The chosen place for study should be free of calm and deviation.
- Do not choose such a favorable place, in which you get to sleep. You want to be comfortable, not sleep When you are tired, do not study on the bed anytime.
It is okay to see people from outside your window and light talk in the library, but the interaction between the brothers and the music coming from the next room is not right at all. You have to choose a place where people can not disturb you.